Monday, December 17, 2007

Thing # 22 Downloading Audiobooks and Videos

Since I am not a big fan of audiobooks, this is my first time to explore R.E.A.D.S. I watched the tutorial and then searched for several books that are required High School reading. I found The Secret Life of Bees, The Crucible, and Shelley's Frankenstein as well as sparknotes on The Crucible and Frankenstein. I was very impressed with the selections offered and was excited about the sparknotes being available. I cannot begin to count the amount of money I have spent on sparknotes in the last ten years. I also found many of our patrons' favorite children books such as Junie B. Jones and A to Z Mysteries. When I get my MP3 player, I may actually become a R.E.A.D.S. fan.

I found one of my favorite films in the MyLibraryDV. It was Phantom of the Opera with Lon Chaney. I also am a big fan of the Antiques Roadshow and it was available under the How To Section. How cool is that!

I will be visiting this site more often. Thanks to Learning 2.o, I finally made the opportunity to explore these wonderful sites.

No comments: