Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thing #4 The Online Library

My children and I have always been heavy users of TEL. It has been most helpful for research papers, especially Advance Biology lab reports (boy, am I glad that class is over). I would absolutely recommend this database for middle school through college age students. This is the source to use when professional journals are needed or should I say required.

While browsing the LPLS website today, I decided to check out the P4A Antiques Database. My husband's parents have given my family many treasured antiques over the past twenty years. My youngest daughter (who was PaPa's favorite) received a cast iron dog bank. I decided to research this item to see how much it is worth. In less than two minutes, I found an exact replica of the bank. Surprise! Surprise! Its value is around $250.00. I plan on researching the antique sewing machine that came from Germany as well as a cast iron ice truck. Anyone who is interested in antiques or own antiques should definitely give this database a second look.

No comments: